Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My First Half Marathon

Well, I did it!!! I ran my first half.  Rock 'n Roll Nashville 2014!!!  The day started rather early, I was up at about 4:30 {not that I slept much the night before} I ate my peanut butter and piece of toast, got dressed and we headed out the door.  I panicked quickly when I realized that I forgot my potty pass that I spent $15 on the night before at the Expo, thank God I really didn't need it.  So I got there said my goodbye's to Millie and my parents and quickly went to my coral.  When I originally signed up over a year ago I wasn't sure what to expect of my speed, I was way off and I could have moved my coral up but I just moved up the morning of the race, I kept moving up during the race until I got up to the 2:30 pacer, I stayed with him for several miles {probably 4} then bid him a farewell and pushed on to the 2:15 pacer.  I stayed there most of the remainder of the race and my official time was 2:18:57.  

During the race, I tried to be conservative.  I started out slower than usual to conserve for the second part of the half {as I learned in training}.  I was feeling really good the first 6 miles, I took some sports beans about mile 6 and walked through the water station.  I have to say, everything I've heard about Nashville is true, they have some hills {I didn't think they were too bad though} and running through the University area, WOW the fraternity brothers, etc. were all out and they were offering fireballs, etc. but NO WATER!!! WTH? Seriously, offer water people!! All in all there were tons of supportive people and great signs too through out the course. 

I was very pleased with where I ended the race.  Overall this was a great first half!!! I'm very pleased with where I ended up.  I can't wait to tackle this race again next year.  In the mean time, I've signed up to run the M-Town series here in Memphis {series of 4 different races, 3- 5k's and one 4-miler}.  I also signed up yesterday as a St. Jude Hero for the December half here in Memphis.  I can't wait to see where the rest of my running journey takes me this year. 

Below is the pictures that were taken by the photographer at the race.  










Happy Tuesday to all.

xoxo,

 photo 33622657b_zps444200a3.png

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am running my first half post baby next month in mississippi. Not sure what I was thinkin running a half in the middle of June in the mississippi heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!!! Love the picture of you and Millie

    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete