Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
I am so excited about the new season of The Bachelorette, which starts tonight, I can't wait!!!
I can't wait for the premier tonight, I still have tons of pictures from my nephews preschool graduation but I've been crazy busy and had no time to upload, I am going to try and do this while watching the premier. Is anyone else watching?
Friday, May 20, 2011
1. I'm trying to figure out what to watch on Sunday nights now that Amazing Race is over, Desperate Housewives was on this week and I caught it. I haven't watched this season because I've been bad, but I did see this weeks episode and it was great as always.
2. Real Housewives- I can't say anything more than these women remind me why I don't hangout with a lot of ladies, no offense, but I am having enough drama still with my ex-bff and I can't imagine having a big group of women treat me like her. On the other hand, I will post more about this at the bottom of this post.
3. Army Wives- Rowland and Joan are adopting a baby with HIV, what a job!!! That's a little too scary for me and that's got to be a big task. I have always said I would love to adopt, I love kids and worked with foster kids for years, and they just touched my heart, but that's a big task to adopt a baby with HIV. Could you handle it?
4. The Voice- Battle Round #2- did anyone watch this, Blake pitting contestants against each other, come on Blake!!!!
Click here to link up with Neely and Meagan.
I am still behind on several shows and this week that I hope to catch up on this weekend. But now I have to get on my soapbox with a few things, so please, don't hate me and let me rant.
1. This week, a lot of schools had there graduations. President Obama was the speaker at a local high school in the inner city this week and let me just say, I listed to his commencement speech on the drive home from Missouri and I swear the two that introduce the Presidents, their speeches had me cracking up. Then when the President gave his speech, I was cracking up moor it was very good and he definitely spoke and joked around with them, so that they would listen and taken in what he said. What a way to go out, so proud of BT for being chosen and putting Memphis on the map in a positive way.
2. Rumors and lies, I have to say I have still been hurt by a lot of things that have resulted the last few months after my ex-bff and I had a falling out. I thought I was on my way to getting over it then I hear more rumors and lies this week. “Life and death are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (Proverbs 18:21)
I believe in this scripture and I am a true believer that words can cause a furry of emotions and that once something happens, sometimes a spiral of affects happen thereafter. Well that seems to be what I am leaving through right now. I am having to deal with my ex-bff's lies and betrayal once again, I've noticed that a group of people that know us both have deleted me from facebook, therefore, I decided to call a few out on it and see why, what had I done or said to them? A few things I heard were very shocking and upsetting to me, I hadn't done such things, where would they have heard that, who would say those types of things? I talked to my parents about it and we agreed that most likely it was Ali, said but what can I do? My parents have encouraged me to forget about her, but easier said than done. See I am the type of friend who will love and stand by you through most anything, if you fall I'll be there for you and help you try and get back up. That's all I want from a friend too. Why would she say all these things, she already took a good chunk of money from me and friends, what else does she want?
I am currently praying about it, but must say it is a hard road, I have no female friends now and it is a truly lonely place to be. I haven't been invited to do blog meet ups, or anything in recent days or to girls night with the girls I was meeting with lately so i feel as if I have been laid-out to dry and people say, you're just not good enough to associate with because i've fallen on hard times. I have only a part-time job and I'm searching daily for a full-time one, do people not realize that others struggle and that it's okay to love them and be their friends even in the times of struggle? Do people just think I'm not good enough because I don't make a great amount of money, even people that don't make tons of money want to have friends. I just want to be excepted the way I am, flawed and all. I am so thankful for the wonderful guy I've met and even people aren't happy about that because he doesn't fit into their idea of who I should be with. I've dated the guy who came from a family of money and he physically hit me and called me stupid and retarded, I've dated the guy who came from nothing and he treated me like I was just someone else to walk on. So I date someone who is a little older, divorced and has kids, and I'm just no good? What's that about? What do people want?
Do people want me to go back and be abused again or be with someone that respects me? Enough is enough, love and except people where they're at, isn't that what the bible commands us to do? Yes, I don't always say the right words, are you perfect? No, so who are you to stand in judgment of me? I just want friends, is that too much to ask. I didn't get to have friends and hangout with other girls for 4 1/2 years because my ex didn't trust me, so why shouldn't I cry and be upset? I lost a lot of time in my 20's to make girlfriends, I just want some true friends!!!
Sorry for the soap box and let me just say, I am not having a pity party, I am just trying to think and be rational and see that others make mistakes and that I am not some awful person who is poison because I don't have all of what other people my age have. I've had a hard road being laid off last year, did I ask for it? No, so why judge me for it. I struggle everyday to pay my bills and it really sucks, but it's where I am at, like me or don't, just don't talk about me!!!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
1. I started of my t.v. watching week with RHOC- I still love Gretchen I don't care what people say, I love her because she is so stupid,
bitchy, has annoying whiny voice, I just love to laugh at her, end of story.
2. Amazing Race has come to an end for another season and I have to say although my pick Gary and Mallory didn't win, I am so happy that the girls won and not the Globetrotters.
3. RHONY- yes, I am a Real Housewives fan, can yall tell? I have nothing really good or bad to say, just that this is an interesting group of women. Enough said.
4. The Voice- Last week was my first week to watch it and I'm addicted. Thanks to one lovely twitter friend/blog friend for telling me how it works.
5. And I have watched All My Children as far back as I can remember really, I stayed with my Grandparents in the summer and my grandmother watched it daily. I am so sad to see it coming to an end. However, I am extremely happy that abc did not cancel General Hospital as well. I would have been on fire if they had canceled them. I love and have to have my Sonny/Jason/Carly/Jax and now again Brenda fix daily.
Okay, that's just a few of the shows from this week. Visit Neely here and link up with her and Meghan and tell us what you watched this week.
Additionally, please please PLEASE pray for me a full-time job, I can't stress enough how stressed and worried I am financially. (not to mention my 80 year old boss treats and talks to me like I'm a child or dog.) Thanks everyone!
Have a great weekend!
Monday, May 9, 2011
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend!
I started out by spending the morning and afternoon with my Mom, we went to a luncheon at the Racquet Club then did a little shopping. After that I went to see Something Borrowed. I really enjoyed the movie and thought that it followed the book by Emily Griffith very well. Have you seen it? If not, go check it out. Very good movie. I hope that they make the a follow-up one to the follow-up book, Something Blue.
Sunday I spent the day with the family and then headed out side for some playtime with my nephews. They had a blast throwing water balls at me and each other. Such a blast. (pics will follow tomorrow.)
Friday, May 6, 2011
Sorry that I have to do this post in a hurry, been swamped today at work and missed it last week so i wanted to be sure I got in on this weeks. So here is a run down of some of what I watched this week. (Since in a hurry no pics :( makes me sad. maybe I can add later if I get free time at work.)
Started off the week on Sunday watching:
1. The Amazing Race- love, love, love this show. I so want to do it, anyone want to do it with me next year? Let's apply!!!
2. The Real House Wives of Orange County and The Real House Wives of New York- Yes, I love trash t.v. it makes me laugh and I need to laugh. They are all hilarious but I secretly love the not so nice Alexis on RHOC and Gretchen, love her. Slade not so much, but Gretchen YES!
3. The Voice- this was my first week to watch it and I really enjoyed it will definitely watch again next week.
4. Minute to Win it- I love this show too. I love competition shows, can you tell??
5. My Soaps- B&B, AMC, GH- I am so sad that AMC is coming to an end, I use to watch this all summer with my grandparents when I was little, I've always loved it and Erica!! How could you not love Susan Lucci??
These are just a few, so what did you watch and think this week? Visit Neely here and link up and tell us.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I am so excited for Something Borrowed this weekend!!! YAY!!! can't wait, recap next week.