Monday, July 30, 2012

Last Pregnant Picture and Birth Story

Wow, I can't believe my precious baby girl is 10 days old.  It's been the best ten days of my life. Before we go on with the hospital and her birth, here is the last pregnancy shot I took right before we left for the hospital.  (sorry you get a bare belly shot, b/c that's all I took in the hurry to a last minute run to Target and then to the hospital.) 


Well, I had been going twice a week to be checked since being put on bed rest about a month ago all because my blood pressure was so high.  I went Monday, July 16, 2012, not much had changed, she was still up there and not moving down much.  They did some test and some more blood work b/c again, my blood pressure was high. I left figuring I'd go back for my appointment on Friday and then be at the hospital on Monday night, July 23rd for my induction.  Well, because I had protein in my urine and my blood pressure was so high I received a phone call personally from my doctor on Thursday, July 19th, saying that he was concerned about my blood pressure and wanted to go ahead and induce July 20th.  So I gathered my bags and headed to the hospital on Thursday night.  they gave me the pitocin Friday at midnight and we played the waiting game.  My contracts went to 2 min apart and I was 5 cm and I never felt a thing (mind you I refused drugs and was doing a natural birth)  well, the doctor came in to check me and Millie's head was becoming a bad cone-head and they said that I could be laboring for another 20 hours and she still not drop all the way b/c of the cone-head so they recommend a c-section.

I was again, planning an all natural childbirth so a c-section was not what I wanted.  But after talking to the doctor and family, I decided to move forward with the c-section b/c it was what was best for Millie.  at 4:07 p.m. on Friday, July 20, 2012 my precious baby girl was born weight 7 lb 9 oz.  She is such a blessing. 

Millie-

I am so greatful to be your Mom and to say the last 10 days have been the BEST days of my life is an understatement.  I love you baby girl more than life itself.  You are my angel.  

Love,

Mommy.

(will post tons of pics from the hospital tomorrow) 

No comments:

Post a Comment