Sunday, August 8, 2010

Birthday Weekend

28! Wow! I feel like I'm getting so old now. I can't believe that I am 28. Where has the time gone? Do you ever remember as a kid thinking, "I can't wait till I'm older" or "When I'm older" or "When I grow up"? Well, I'm at the point where I'm at, "If I could go back" or "If I could have known then what I know now". I am a true believer in everything happening for a reason, but really, sometimes I wish I could see what the reasons are now instead of in the future.





So, I say all this to say, I'm rethinking my future and where my life is going. I am blessed to know, that God has me in his hands, but sometimes I wish I could see what he sees. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to God for everything that he has done in my life and where he has brought me from. I know he has taken me from some dark places, but I wish I could see what he sees in me and for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and the support they've given and shown me over the last month, really, my life for that matter. But I have to be honest, if it wasn't for my family (father and mother and aunt and uncle) I don't know how I would have made it through this last month, which has been one of the hardest months of my life. Things have changes a lot in the last month, but I really, really, really want to believe that God knew all this before hand and planned to bring me out of this.

Okay, so what's the next year or two going to bring in my life? Well, that's a great question; and while I don't know the answer to that........ I've decided to go back to school, again!!!! Yep, that's right, and I'm going to take-up something I never saw myself taking up. Accounting!!! I HATE math, HATE, but for my job and the extension of my job, (better position, pay, etc.) I've decided to go back and take some courses and hopefully, get my associates in Accounting. I do enjoy the legal field, but I've been given an opportunity at this new law firm to extend my position if I handle their accounting too. I already use Quicken for my personal financial bookkeeping, so that's one plus at this firm, that they use Quicken instead of Quickbooks, but I still need to know some more, I believe. Hopefully, this will help with my position as well as give me some new skills and maybe open up a better job opportunity in the near future. I really ask for your prayers in the next few weeks as I seek God for guidance and answers as to what and where he has me take my life in the near and distant future.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment